Talk

Advanced search

are there any good parenting magazines out there?

(11 Posts)
hmmmum Thu 22-Sep-11 09:51:26

I do like a glossy magazine and fancied getting a subscription to a parenting one but I didnt think much of the ones I tried out that I got from WH Smith. Just wondering if there are any good ones out there that I might have missed?

IHateDailyMail Thu 22-Sep-11 13:00:18

How old are your children? I read Junior from when mine were about 6months until about 5years and really enjoyed it. It is quite 'middle class' grin but if you get past the Ralph Lauren ads, there are some good articles about different aspects of parenting, including lots of info about, eg, hearing, allergies, toilet training, nursery, etc.

poppyboo Thu 22-Sep-11 13:26:28

I LOVE Juno magazine, needs to be ordered on-line and it is aimed at the 'green' parents I think!

dearheart Thu 22-Sep-11 16:22:26

I bought this one a few times; it's a parenting glossy

www.juniormagazine.co.uk/

hmmmum Fri 23-Sep-11 09:43:11

thanks very much! Will try these out. I have a baby daughter.

nickschick Fri 23-Sep-11 09:45:25

Just be aware what you buy - I used to buy a popular mum mag when I had ds1 and 2 years later after ds3 I started to buy it again and saw a familiar face ....a woman having twins I remembered her story from all those years before because she had the same maternity nighty as me ......turns out it wasnt her second set of twins it was the same story same pictures everything 7 years later!!!.

kellestar Fri 23-Sep-11 22:18:31

I had a browse through the green parent magazine on a friends coffee table. Looked good from what I saw, keep meaning to look them up.

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Fri 23-Sep-11 22:22:27

Not quite a glossy magazine but I do like the parenting section of the Guardian on a saturday.

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Fri 23-Sep-11 22:22:28

Not quite a glossy magazine but I do like the parenting section of the Guardian on a saturday.

beckynbump Sat 24-Sep-11 20:23:10

I love Junior mag at the moment, shame there is just the London version,

MowlemB Sun 25-Sep-11 16:47:21

I read Junior for years when my DC were small. I thought it was the best by far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now