Talk

Advanced search

8mo with the runs, sorry for tmi

(5 Posts)
WhoahThere Wed 21-Sep-11 09:31:57

Sorry for the slightly rank question... DD has diarrhoea; watery and fairly frequent but nothing too drastic I don't think - 3 this morning so far - but no other symptoms, seems fine in herself. She had only just started eating in any quantity over the last 2 weeks and now doesn't seem to want much at all. Should I lay off the solids, or if not is there anything that would be particularly good for her to eat? (finger food only, she doesn't do spoons).

Can anyone advise what the standard advice is for this?

Thanks all

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 21-Sep-11 09:39:08

Plenty of fluids to replace what she is losing.
Does she have a fever?

WhoahThere Wed 21-Sep-11 09:43:14

No fever, absolutely fine other than the diarrhoea. She's not a big drinker (of milk or anything else) so I do worry about her getting dehydrated. Have worried about that since she was born though, so that's nothing new!

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Wed 21-Sep-11 09:48:16

Let her eat if she wants, don't worry if she's not keen on solids. Needs lots of fluids though, to replace what she's losing with the diarrhoea.

Carry on with milk, give extra drinks of water as well. Keep an eye that you getting wet nappies, if not passing much wee it suggests dehydration - GP needed then.

WhoahThere Wed 21-Sep-11 11:55:03

Thanks, will do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now