Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

MMR

(7 Posts)
samsmother Tue 20-Sep-11 21:35:34

Experiences please :-). Am booked in to get MMR jab tomorrow for 12mo but am so worried about whether it's ok. I know there is no proven link between it and autism but can't help worrying. Of course I want him to be kept healthy but I've read so much bad stuff...

BedHog Tue 20-Sep-11 21:39:43

There's a vaccinations topic on mumsnet with loads of discussions on the pros and cons of the MMR, they should help you.

I can sympathise - I lost half a stone in weight worrying about it before DS had his MMR jab.

samsmother Tue 20-Sep-11 21:59:12

Thanks BedHog, how do I find it?

Loopymumsy Wed 21-Sep-11 06:18:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jenniec79 Wed 21-Sep-11 06:29:29

There's a lot of measles on the continent right now, and lots of people have been over for holidays recently - the protection has to be a good thing imo.

Wakefield has been discredited for his views on vaccinations, and can't even work in the UK anymore. Don't credit his misinformation.

DS'll be fine.

Octaviapink Wed 21-Sep-11 10:29:31

DS will be fine - There Is No Link Between The MMR Jab And Autism.

Weissbier Wed 21-Sep-11 12:29:46

There's no link. The doctor who said there was had made his data up!!!

DD got a rash and brief fever about a week after and was off-colour for a few days, but this is normal. All fine now. Fever went up to 39.2 though so have some paracetamol handy to bring it down if you need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now