Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for leaner babies

(18 Posts)
aledwasago Sun 18-Sep-11 20:10:12

My 9 mo dd is tall and lean and I find her chest is often a bit exposed in most tops she wears. I am a bit concerned that she might suffer from the coming cold weather. Has anyone found clothing ranges suitable for a skinny Minnie?

NickettyNacketty Sun 18-Sep-11 20:11:16

I found Gap baby clothes were long and lean.

NickNacks Sun 18-Sep-11 20:11:28

Vest on underneath?

NickettyNacketty Sun 18-Sep-11 20:12:03

Hey check out the names!

Fuzzywood Sun 18-Sep-11 20:15:42

I find M&Co are narrow fitting. Can hardly get them over 8 month old DS's tummy (he's not lean grin). They can up quite small though so may be worth looking at a size up from usual.

I have this with ds too, he's 2 next month but 12-18m trousers just slide right over his nappy when he stands up and 9-12 fit at the waist but swing around his ankles and he looks silly! Its frustrating!

Sorry i'm no help i'm just marking to see what else people say!

Notanexcitingname Mon 19-Sep-11 10:23:41

Anything French (Vertbaudet, dpam Jojo Maman bebe) or Scandinavian (H&M) tend to be cut for tall skinnies.

(2.7 year old, still in 12-18 month trousers, with cold ankles!)

NickNacks Mon 19-Sep-11 10:28:24

grin I didn't notice last night!

EverythingsNotRosie Mon 19-Sep-11 17:41:40

Try la redoute- too long and too skinny for my DD!

Dialsmavis Mon 19-Sep-11 19:40:25

Not M&S unfortunately (or size down rather than up). My DD is nearly 11months old and very tall but their clothes actually fall off her as she is bimbling round. It is a shame as they have some beautiful things in there for little girls at the moment

ragged Mon 19-Sep-11 19:42:11

Next.

Sirzy Mon 19-Sep-11 19:44:50

For the trousers asda and next both to trousers with adjustable waists which is a godsend for skinny DS!

MargeryDaw Mon 19-Sep-11 19:54:48

My DS is only 6 months but he's long and slim and I've found Petit Bateau brilliant - as above, a French brand. It's not cheap but you can often find plenty on eBay

Ginismyfriend Mon 19-Sep-11 20:50:05

Baby Zara clothes are like the adult versions - for very slim bodies with long legs! I've found them brilliant for jeans and leggings for my very lean DD.

aledwasago Tue 20-Sep-11 08:47:17

Some great suggestions here, thanks to you all.
Going to try eBay first off....

amyboo Tue 20-Sep-11 09:04:08

I always buy trousers with adjustable waists for DS, who is very tall and skinny (18 months). French brands like La Redoute are good, but check the sizes, as they tend to size quite small in length. DS is in age 2-3 stuff with them at the moment, and that still only goes up to 94cm! Shame there's no C&A's left in the UK, as they do great adjustable waist trousers and jeans. That's where I get most of DS's from (we live in Belgium).

Shutupanddrive Wed 21-Sep-11 18:31:03

Another vote for next here!

Haberdashery Wed 21-Sep-11 20:13:17

Definitely Gap and Vertbaudet. H&M is quite wide IME but maybe things have improved since DD's baby days. Next is vast. Long, yes, but absolutely massive widthways too. And steer well clear of M&S, which is enormous. Polarn O Pyret good in a size or two down (DD aged five, average height but v skinny still wearing age 2-3 fleece and pyjamas).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now