Talk

Advanced search

Does your child wear glasses to play sport?

(3 Posts)
hillyhilly Sat 17-Sep-11 22:13:36

My ds is 4, he was diagnosed as +7 long sighted and wears glasses all the time. He's recently started swimming and I have bought him prescription goggles as he kept mistaking other mums for me in the pool:-(
He has now started mini rugby, they recommended he take off the glasses but I'm really not sure how much he can see, we have spare pairs so I wouldn't worry about them getting damaged, it's more if the glasses hurt him if he fell in them.
Does anyone gave dc in a similar position?

feedthegoat Sat 17-Sep-11 22:17:35

I tend to leave it up to ds with the exception of the trampoline when he tends to both break them and cut his nose. He doesn't wear them for swimming but I think he does for football as he prefers to.

His sight isn't that bad though. Although he wears them all the time he still seems to be able to do most things without them.

Mandy21 Mon 19-Sep-11 21:36:32

Hi there. My DS is 6 now but has a similar prescription to your DS- +6 in one eye and +7 in the other. He's been wearing glasses since he was 3 and wears them for everything, except for swimming. He's also just started rugby and I think whilst it's tag rugby (no tackling) they can wear glasses, when they start rugby 'proper' they have goggles (a bit like science goggles rather than swimming goggles). We have plenty of spares, but he wears them for everything - football, rugby, trampolining, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now