Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very poor night sleep of 10 month old... I am desperately tired!

(6 Posts)
confusedperson Fri 16-Sep-11 21:21:00

Hi, my DS2 is 10 months old. He used to sleep through night from about 4 to 6 months, and then his sleep has regressed and for about last month or two I am being woken up maybe 30 times at night! One thing, he likes sleeping with soother and sometimes cries when he drops it, but even that is not the biggest problem. He starts moving when sleeping, hits the corner of his cot, makes himself squeezed in the corner and starts crying. I get up to and put him in the middle. Or, he sits up (or even stands up!) when sleeping, starts crying (even with soother in mouth), I put him down, say shhh, he is calm and sleeping further. Or he starts turning tens of times, again makes himself uncomfortable and starts crying. I get up so many times at night to put him into middle of cot/say shh/tap his back/give soother.
I tried putting him in my bed, but he moves so much that even with pillows around I am too afraid he will fall from bed. I know I need to wean him off the soother but this is only one reason... I think him might grow up as a moon walker! One thing I know I am sooo tired that I can't cope for any longer!

twotesttickles Sat 17-Sep-11 19:58:52

I think you may discover his problem is actually molars. Have you tried teething gel and painkillers? smile

InmaculadaConcepcion Sat 17-Sep-11 20:10:27

There is a sleep regression at 8-10 months - two spurts of brain development in quick succession which often cause babies to be unsettled.
Details here

It sucks, doesn't it? I do sympathise. But it should pass soon

TheHouseofMirth Sat 17-Sep-11 21:18:07

I started cosleeping with DS1 at this point. We put the mattess on the floor (he had started practicisng crawling in his sleep...) and it pretty much solved the problem overnight.

firstsupermum Sun 18-Sep-11 18:19:38

i understand what you're going throu, my son is 2yrs and 5 months, he use and still like that, dont cry now alot but turn all over the place, he sometime even fall on the floor, i have to pick him up and put him to bed again,i have coshion all around his bed, he will stand up in his bed while he is sleep and turn to the other side, its realy tiring.

laurenamium Mon 19-Sep-11 15:26:02

Hi no help Im afraid but posting to steal your advice! My DD is 9 months and has never slept for more than 2 hours at a time...Weaned her off a through the night feed and shes swapped the feeding to crying for a soother and wedging herself into corners even in a grobag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now