Talk

Advanced search

School for DD1 nearly a year away and having wobbles already

(6 Posts)
Allegrogirl Wed 14-Sep-11 10:43:40

I'm currently starting to look at schools for DD1 who is nearly 4 and thinking about before/after school for the days I work.

I'm really shocked at how hard I am finding this. PFB has been at nursery/GPs since I went back to work part time when she was 6 months old. She is so happy at nursery and I am dreading sorting out a new care provider. Should breakfast/after school club for the 3 days a week required? This will be a very long school day for her. Or CM which I have no experience of? I've just phoned up for a list of CMs in the area so I can start investigating that.

I sometimes wish I had a rich DH so I could choose not to work for a bit while we sort our lives out. I know long term being a SAHM wouldn't suit me but it would be nice to be an option.

Sorry, having a moan as I am very tired and my brain hurts from dealing with work and all the DDs stuff.

Svrider Sun 18-Sep-11 21:02:53

Would gps be able to do drop offs / pick ups. Does your intended school have a nursery? This would be a great chance to find out about your intended school, the teachers and you may meet some child minders who already drop off and pick ip from that school

crazycarol Tue 20-Sep-11 22:17:53

I used to work 3 days a week until dd started school, then I changed ny days but still did the same no of hours (worked 4 shorter days) so I could be there after school. Is there any way that you could have more flexible hours?

Loopymumsy Wed 21-Sep-11 06:13:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yellowsubmarine41 Wed 21-Sep-11 20:23:34

I could have written your post this time last year. It's such a big build up to them starting school, and it's one of the major parenting 'moments'.

We found out our allocated school in April - no after school club but I was very lucky to find a great child minder very near.

I can honestly say that the waiting and worrying was much worse than the actual doing. Just take one step at a time - first is to visit and consider which schools to apply for and do that.

ramblingmum Wed 21-Sep-11 20:37:17

Does your dds current nursery do before and after school care?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now