Talk

Advanced search

Does your baby have other babies they like (eg friends) and others they are not so keen on?

(6 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 12-Sep-11 23:03:31

My baby is only nine months - we hang out with my mates and their kids a lot and there seem to be definite babies she likes more than others, touching them and smiling at them. It it possible do you think for a baby to have friends and to choose them?

nickschick Mon 12-Sep-11 23:07:09

Yes I do my ds3 had lots of 'baby friends' but one child of a similar age he used to become very upset by - unfortunately it was a very good friend of mines child and she got very stressed about it -despite us encouraging them to be friends it was very difficult - 9 years later hes been diagnosed with autism and my lovely friend told the Dr that she knew he was 'different' when ds3 was scared of him when they were babies sad.

That made me feel v sad for my friend.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Tue 13-Sep-11 07:38:53

Only one DD who was born in a land far far away. I only had three other friends who became mums at the same time so DD had no choice.
She certainly preferred one out of the three boys over the others.

yellowflowers Wed 14-Sep-11 22:29:59

Oh that made me sad nickschick

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Fri 16-Sep-11 01:24:41

DD is 8.5 months and has absolutely no interest in any other babies. They don't frighten her, she just isn't bothered by them. I think she senses they have nothing to offer her! Compared to adults playing and making a fuss etc.

PinkEmily Fri 16-Sep-11 20:27:09

My DD is 10 months, and I have 4 friends with similar age babies. While at clinic a couple of weeks ago, in a crowded room with loads of babies/toddlers, DD saw one of her friends enter the room and positively beamed, as did the other baby, just a week or so younger.

so I'd say yes, definitely, they can choose and seek out their friends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now