Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning under double chins

(5 Posts)
broomformychin Sun 11-Sep-11 14:50:06

My 8 week old dd has a rather large double chin (she also has cankles and lovely chunky thighs ) but it gets really dirty under her chin and I struggle to clean it without letting her head flop right back which always frightens me as I worry it'll hurt her. I've tried pouring water down it when she's in the bath but it doesn't work and screams if I try and wipe it with a baby wipe. How do I get it clean? Sorry if I'm being dense and the answer is really obvious

Natzer Sun 11-Sep-11 19:42:39

You could try holding her as if she was being bottle fed and let her head go back gently and wipe it with the other hand. My dd has chubby cheeks and a double chin and I just use water on cotton wool and gently push it into the crease to clean.
I have put a bit of bepanthen on before when its been a little red under there.
Or you could get her to look up in the bath maybe. Good luck .

Iggly Sun 11-Sep-11 21:01:38

We used to put DS on his change mat and use wet cotton wool then dry with a towel.

haloflo Mon 12-Sep-11 09:24:09

Aww I love their double chins! I can't remember how I cleaned my DD's when she was 8 wo but now at nearly 6 mo I clean it during tummy time. As she gets stronger at lifting her head up you could try that?

debka Mon 12-Sep-11 10:37:28

Once you finally get it clean under there, make sure you dry it thoroughly too or it can get sore. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now