Talk

Advanced search

3 month old baby rolling over in sleep

(6 Posts)
Natzer Sat 10-Sep-11 11:52:15

Hi

Can anyone give any suggestions for my sisters 3 month old ds who is already rolling over (my 5 month dd refuses to roll!). She is worried about him rolling over in the night.

I have looked at the sleep positioners but they say not to use once they start rolling. Will consider the movement sensors, but surely once they have stopped breathing for 20 seconds its a little late?/ confused

TIA

BeeMyBaby Sat 10-Sep-11 14:46:20

I've never read that sleep positioners aren't supposed to be used after the baby can roll? I thought the whole point was to stop them rolling over? We used one for birth with our DD, and although she could roll from 3 months, we used it until she was about 7 months old and it was excellent. Is her DS still in a moses basket or in a full sized cot?

BeeMyBaby Sat 10-Sep-11 14:46:44

*from birth

Natzer Sat 10-Sep-11 14:50:15

Hi Bee, he is in his cot now. I was reading about the sleep positioners and this is what was at the bottom of the product info:
Once your baby is able to roll over freely, ClevaSleep Positioner is no longer effective in positioning your baby, and its use should be discontinued.

But its good to know that people have used them and they have worked.

I was going to suggest just for now that she uses a towel that is rolled up from each end, to act as a positioner. That's what we used when my dd first went in her cotbed.

Snowsquonk Sat 10-Sep-11 15:39:38

The advice from FSIDS is to place a baby on his/her back to sleep, if they can roll over onto their front you can turn them back over but not to set alarms/obsess over this.

Basically - if the baby is strong enough to roll onto his/her tummy then they are likely to strong enough to lift and turn their head so they can breathe easily.

Sleep positioners are not recommended in the USA at all as babies have been compromised by them.

Natzer Sat 10-Sep-11 16:05:47

But this morning she went to see him at 5.30am as he had slept from 9.30pm (the longest stretch so far) and he was face down (nose and mouth) on the mattress.

It seems that he sleeps better on his front and she will have to try the movement sensor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now