Talk

Advanced search

OMG Baby Jake is freaky!

(14 Posts)
phlossie Fri 09-Sep-11 14:12:58

What's with the freaky children's programmes? I keep singing 'yucky, yucky, doo doo doo...' it's very catchy. My 3yo loves it, even my 5 1/2yo is a fan (though don't tell his mates at school) and wants me to have 10 children. Hamsternauts? I'm just saying! Anyone else freaked out by the dancing baby?

Gastonladybird Fri 09-Sep-11 14:15:55

It's odd (but popular) but so is tele tubbies . The ten kids with alphabet names bothers me more

Woodlands Fri 09-Sep-11 20:31:53

And the age gaps of the children are really not believable. Ava (?) looks to be about 15. Isaac is meant to be 6 (though looks more like 4). How the hell can you have nine children aged between 15 and 6? There must be several sets of twins.

Wallace Fri 09-Sep-11 20:37:39

one every year?

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 09-Sep-11 20:39:55

I hate it, dd loves it [grr]

Also hate that the little boys voice is dubbed.

FoxyRevenger Fri 09-Sep-11 20:42:39

Oh god I HATE it!! That creepy computer-generated babbling. Hideous.

What the actual fuck does

'yocky yocky yocky doo doo doo
That's just what we love to do'

MEAN?? How can you like to yocky doo??

Oh it makes me unreasonably furious.

<reaches for chocolate scowling>

MariClaire Sat 10-Sep-11 02:06:32

That freaks me the hell out! I sometimes stick it on for my 10 week old DD as she loves all the bright colours. I have to turn it over when that bloody show comes on! To think I thought the teletubbies were freaky....

CheerfulYank Sat 10-Sep-11 02:19:33

I had to look it up on YouTube.

I kind of like it. blush And wish I lived in a big colorful windmill with ten kids. blush

MissHairspray Sat 10-Sep-11 09:07:10

It's weird and looks like the whole thing was just created using a free Facebook app. Can't stand it!

sleeplessinderbyshire Sat 10-Sep-11 09:09:04

just logged on here tpo post similar - never seen it before but we are having a lazy morning and it's on - DD is transfixed, what a horrible programme. I like most of her favourites (charlie and lola, everything's rosie, zoo lane, peppa) and tolorate some others (zingzillas, chuggington, tweenies) but this is terrible

ChristinedePizan Sat 10-Sep-11 09:10:24

I can't bear it but DS thinks its great. I feel sorry for the baby

CultureMix Sun 11-Sep-11 03:06:13

Same here, my 2-year old loves it and the 4-year old will happily watch it as well.
It has some cute touches but yes the computerised baby is odd, and drives me bananas that I then have the opening spiel and yokky yokky doo song running on a loop in my head for the rest of the day. I actually set up Subtitles on iPlayer to see what the exact words were, and yes it's all gibberish.

BobbieSox Sun 11-Sep-11 05:28:51

My DD and i have only seen this twice but it seems to have made an impression as she has called her new doll "baby Jake".

Totally terrifying programme.

nikkinoonoo Wed 14-Sep-11 16:00:43

Hahahhahahaha! It keeps my child quiet and therefore I love it! What i can't stand is that crappy story telling one with the kids acting it out! Arrrggghhhh!!! And the Iconicles wtf?! I hate the bloke's outfit! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now