Talk

Advanced search

Quick- am I over reacting?

(3 Posts)
CharlieBoo Tue 06-Sep-11 16:08:50

Ds started first day back in year 2 today. Took him to my mums after school and my mum had bought him some sweets, a Moshi monster toy, some pens, pad etc. He just looked at it and turned his nose up, said he didn't want that Moshi monster and was just incredibly rude. I told him off but am fuming. He also growled at me when I told him off at my mums. I have come home and told him it's dinner and then bath and bed, as a punishment. I am so fuming but he's really not that bothered.... Help

mamsnet Tue 06-Sep-11 16:13:24

Mmm.. he's obviously tired and just needed to hit out at something but I think you're dead right to be cross and to make him see the consequences of his rudeness.
I'd make him apologize to his grandmother too.

And I know you're not asking but I would very seriously consider asking my mother no to go so OTT with the gifts!!

CharlieBoo Tue 06-Sep-11 16:20:43

Thanks yes I'm cross as I just can't bear ungratefulness! And yes yes yes yes yes with my mum!! She's a nightmare and I told her a bag of sweets would have been more than enough!

He will be apologising tomorrow! Thanks for the reply, agree he's tired but still no need to be so rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now