Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Why do they always come here?

(8 Posts)
create Tue 06-Sep-11 15:56:02

DS1's school friend lives round the corner. Within a few mins of being home (and often at weekends) the friend will "knock". Sometimes they go out to play, mostly they play here. That's fine, it's good that he wants to have his friends here, that they want to come and that I know what they're up to. Apart from the noise they're no bother.

But why is it always here? It's not just this friend, there are a couple of others too. DS1 would like to play at their houses too from time to time, but either the friends engineer it so they can't or the mum says they can't.

DS1 has his moments, but I don't think he's a badly behaved child, I certainly get no complaints from school/cubs etc, so why are other parents so reluctant to have him?

Today he came home from school all excited that when X called they were going to his house, but when X arrived, his mum had apparently told him he had till 5:30, but that they couldn't go to his house, which seemed particularly off to me that she was prepared to send her DS round to me, but not to have them at her house. A one off I'd accept that she'd just tidied, had things to do, it just wasn't convienient etc, but it's not a one off. What's going on and does it matter?

They're all yr 6

Mollymax Tue 06-Sep-11 16:36:33

A lot of parents are very happy to send their children off to other peoples house, but not happy to have a house full. I am sure it is nothing your ds has done.

inchoccyheaven Tue 06-Sep-11 18:40:13

We also seem to have the house my boys friends come to the most. In fact ds1 who is 11 only went to his friends house once during the summer but his friend came round loads. I don't mind them coming here but it would be nice if he was invited round to theirs a bit more. His friend just turns up without any notice and I would sometimes like to be asked.

Ds2 who is 9 and his friend who lives just round the corner are always back and forth between the two houses which feels a lot fairer.

Octaviapink Tue 06-Sep-11 19:55:18

I'm sure it's nothing your DS has done - just that other mothers are shovelling their young off on to you to get some peace!

Sofabitch Tue 06-Sep-11 20:03:04

The children's friends knock. They say can our friends play in. I say no go out and play 90% of the time. The other 10% I say in the garden. I don't like having a house full of other people's children. Maybe your dc's friends parents just don't want their houses trashed by lots of kids. And I doubt they intend their children to be allowed in to play at yours my children call for their friends all the time. I expect them to Play out. But if they go into their friends house it's nothing to do with me.

create Tue 06-Sep-11 20:34:36

Maybe so Sofabitch, but it was pouring hard when this lad knocked this afternoon.

Anyway apparently his mother has said they can play there tomorrow, we shall see. I have DS2's friend coming for tea though....

Sofabitch Tue 06-Sep-11 20:35:25

Was it? I never. Noticed when I sent mine out. grin

create Tue 06-Sep-11 20:36:12

Oh and BTW, no-one trashes my house. Not my DCs or anyone elses. I'm very strict that the visitors help tidy up before they leave too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now