Talk

Advanced search

baby modelling - yay or nay?

(9 Posts)
soandsosmum Tue 06-Sep-11 10:24:00

My 3 month DD was born with loads of hair and still has it and so is quite different from many babies. My Hv asked if I'd thought of her doing baby modelling. I hadn't but now am.

So, what do you think of it - fun or exploitation?
Have you done any with your children and what was it like?
How might I look into what's involved or who to contact?

soandsosmum Tue 06-Sep-11 17:42:09

Anyone? No one?

Gastonladybird Tue 06-Sep-11 17:59:10

Sure there used to be a thread for people whose kids modelled.

For me Its a big fat no but it's not my child

Bangtastic Tue 06-Sep-11 18:06:00

No for me too. Family and friends are always on at me to get 2yo DD into modeling, and each time I tell them that she can decide whether she would like to do it when she is old enough to make her own life choices. Ultimately it will be you who gets enjoyment from it, I don't know many babies who find being shoved in front of a camera and bright lights for hours at a time much fun at all. So if you would enjoy seeing your baby model, then go for it. Your baby, your choice!

Stogan Tue 06-Sep-11 18:25:39

I'm a yes girl I'm afraid. Although I have no children yet I plan to put my little bobby dazzler infront of the cameras and any money it gets will be put into it's college fund. I see no harm in it, beauty pageants on the other hand I do not agree with as I do not think it's anyones place to say who's child u's prettier thN another x

Empusa Tue 06-Sep-11 18:28:07

Be careful if you do. Any company that asks you to pay anything up front is almost definitely dodgy. If a modelling agency genuinely wants your baby on it's books then they will cover all costs, safe in the knowledge that they will cover those costs by getting your baby work.

going Tue 06-Sep-11 18:31:12

Do your research as some companies will take your money and run!

My children model. My older daughter loves it and was very busy for a while. Now she is inbetween sample sizes she doesn't get much and misses it. My three year old has a casting tommorow, don't think he will be as good as his sister was!

going Tue 06-Sep-11 18:32:12

Most child model agencies do cahrge an upfront fee, perfectley normal in the child modelling work. There are only two that I can think of that don't.

sjuperwolef Tue 06-Sep-11 18:36:03

dd has model looks and i sometimes wish i had put her in for it but the thought of making money of my babies looks made me feel a bit sick - also how would she feel in the future knowing her image had been used? - just a big no imho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now