Talk

Advanced search

Teething, HELP!

(3 Posts)
waffles1 Tue 06-Sep-11 09:11:03

My 4 month old has starting teething, grizzly during the day which i can cope with as cuddles and distraction is working plus been using nelsons teetha powders and calpol on particulary bad days, BUT it's the sleep disruption which is driving me to despair!
We had just got into a good sleep routine and i was starting to feel human again after the fog of the newborn days but the only thing which seems to settle him is bringing him into our bed (he's been in his own cot in the nursery since 8 weeks due to being a VERY noisy sleeper!). I'm getting worried that sleeping back in our bed is now becoming a habit plus we're back to not getting much sleep again, any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

RockChick1984 Tue 06-Sep-11 10:39:07

There's 2 ways of looking at this that I can see.
1. Just do whatever works for your lo for now, if you can get into a good sleep routine once you can do it again once teething calms down.
2. Try and find another solution so as not to get into a habit of it, but accept you may not get much sleep for a while!
If it's any help, ds had teething symptoms and pain from about 3 months old, it wasn't all the time he would have between 3-7 days of it then it would calm down, he has just got 2 teeth through in quick succession at 5 months. Knowing it didn't last constantly for months, I'd personally go with option 2, but it really does depend on you and your family, everyone is different and copes with things differently. Also, google Amber teething beads, they were amazing!

waffles1 Tue 06-Sep-11 18:18:10

Thank you! I will try my very best tonight to just keep going into the nursery and not taking him out of the cot but try and settle him first and hope i don't crack and just bring him into our bed!
I will def google the amber bands, anything that may help. Plus you're right, need to keep remembering, it's not forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now