Talk

Advanced search

Finding it difficult to leave DD at nursery - and tips?

(2 Posts)
choceyes Mon 05-Sep-11 10:18:26

My DD who is nearly 13 months started nursery last week. 3 days a week.

She is finding it difficult to settle in, always cries when I leave, and it takes her some time to stop and settle down to play. It is breaking my heart and I am finding it difficult to concentrate on work. I guess it takes them some time to get used to a new environment and new carers. The nursery staff say that she does play with toys a lot and sits and eats her meals without crying (when she first started she cried at mealtimes - she has never been a good eater, but since going to nursery as improved a lot with her solids).

My son who is nearly 3, was much much easier to settle in (same nursery) and so I was happy coming into work as i knew he would be happily playing.

I just feel so awful about leaving DD. She will get used to it won't she??

mumblechum1 Mon 05-Sep-11 10:20:56

Of course she will. My ds went to a variety of nurseries/childminders as we moved around a lot when he was little.

Apart from one which I knew he hated, and took him out of eventually, he settled everywhere else. I'd often leave him crying, feel awful, then 5 mins later look through the window to see him playing happily.

I do sympathise, though, it's heart wrenching to walk away from them crying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now