Talk

Advanced search

Sleep and chicken pox

(4 Posts)
TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sat 03-Sep-11 22:01:23

Do they mix? How do I get DD1 to get some much needed sleep? She's covered in calamine & virasoothe (one in some places, the other in others, not a mixture all over!) but I cannot get her into her room sad

Meglet Sat 03-Sep-11 22:07:20

I'm afraid to say mine didn't really sleep for 2 days when they had chicken pox. They had little cat naps at night but were generally ratty and restless. I ended up letting them come into my bed as I'd had enough of trudging across the landing, the novelty of being in my room seemed to take their mind off being ill for a short while. I took annual leave from work in the end as I hadn't slept either.

The only thing I can say is that at least once they've had it they won't get it again.

HerdOfTinyElephants Sat 03-Sep-11 22:08:39

We gave bath with bicarb in before bed, then slathered in whatever lotion worked for that DC (some kind of gel for DS, PoxClin for DD1) and gave a double dose of Piriton (on medical advice; we didn't use Piriton during the day so were advised that a double dose at bedtime wouldn't do any harm) to help with drowsiness. But it is tricky. The itching shouldn't be as bad in a few days, if that's any help.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sat 03-Sep-11 22:13:00

Okie doke, Piriton on the shopping list for tomorrow and we've got her readybed in our room for tonight. Just praying DD2 doesn't get it (4 weeks old...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now