Talk

Advanced search

Temp in baby's room is 25 degrees

(13 Posts)
minibmw2010 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:17:55

Normally he sleeps in a babygrow (no vest), sometimes footless, sometimes with feet plus his 1 tog sleeping bag. Tonight it is quite hot so we've put him in a sleeveless vest together with a footless babygrow and that's it, is it enough ??? He has bare feet now and I'm a bit nervous he'll get cold later which would wake him up. Window is slightly open, enough for a breeze but also locked.

Meglet Sat 03-Sep-11 21:22:01

I used to creep in at 11:30ish once the temperature had dropped and gently put the gro-bag on my dc's. I had to do it in the dark but it was do-able and they didn't wake up.

greensnail Sat 03-Sep-11 21:24:22

Sounds fine to me. You could always pop a light sheet or blanket over his feet when you go to bed if the temperature has dropped a bit.

minibmw2010 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:27:12

So you think the one tog bag would be ok with this temperature? I was wondering about putting sone socks on him ....

Natzer Sat 03-Sep-11 21:29:15

My dd's room is also 25 degrees tonight and she has a short sleeved vest and a 0.5 tog sleeping bag, when I go to bed at about 11 I suspect I will put her in her 1 tog sleeping bag.

pozzled Sat 03-Sep-11 21:31:09

He'll be fine. I would probably go in later and cover his feet with a light sheet, but I certainly wouldn't put him in a gro-bag if he's wearing a vest and babygrow.

The thermometer in my bedroom was showing 27 degrees last night and DD2 went to sleep in just a nappy with a sheet over her. Later on she came into our bed so she had a light fleece blanket over her, but still only a nappy. She was fine.

CaptainMartinCrieff Sat 03-Sep-11 21:32:24

I'd use a vest and a 1.0tog at this temp.

Pfriend Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:21

Mine is in a 0.5 tog sleeping bag and a short sleeve vest too, and it's 25 degrees. It's been 28 in his room before and then we put him down in just his nappy and he slept better than I did in the heat!

CaptainMartinCrieff Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:53

But yes I'd lose the babygro... Just the vest and 1.0tog.

RedHotPokers Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:58

I think grobag say a short sleeve vest and a 1 tog suit is fine at 24C, so I would have thought one more degree wouldn't matter (especially as window is open, and night will get cooler). If it were me I would take the babygro off (if poss) and put 1 tog bag on.

pacsirta Sat 03-Sep-11 22:01:18

It's reassuring reading what everyone does.
I think we all overworry actually: babies are very resilient and they're probably fine a few degrees up or down.
25 degrees in our bedroom, and my baby is wearing short sleeve/short leg sleepsuit + 1 tog sleeping bag. I think it's slightly warm when she goes to bed but fine by the secong half of the night, I wouldn't like to disturb her by changing her/putting things on her (unless it's a blanket) and risk waking her up.
The advice seems to be though: it's safer to under dress them than to over... (also a lot depends on baby's age, I would be more careful under 1 year...)
I am constantly amazed by how much less she needs to wear to stay warm, than I do!

minibmw2010 Sun 04-Sep-11 06:46:44

Thank you all for your advice, just a update for you. It's 6.45 am and he basically slept through without any extra layers so I guess I was worrying for nothing smile

TransatlanticCityGirl Sun 04-Sep-11 21:32:05

We had similar temperature the other night and she was sleeping in sleepsuit (with feet) and a light cotton sheet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now