Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

which nappies should i use? are active fit really that bad?

(22 Posts)
Loooopy Fri 02-Sep-11 14:47:21

i've so far used pampers baby dry on DS, i bought a load of them when they were going cheap. He is 10 months and we've got about 4 months worth left, so am now starting to watch what deals are out there. They seem a lot dearer than what we paid for them last year. So then started looking at pampers active fit as i've seen a good deal on them. However, i've also come across lots of angry articles from last year re pampers changing the design, leading to leaks and sore bums. Does anyone know if the problems have been resolved, or are these ones still the ones being sold in the shops? Has anyone bought them recently and found them to be ok? or should we stick to baby dry? or is there anything else we should consider?

Graciescotland Fri 02-Sep-11 14:57:03

I use pampers active fit, have done for about 4months (DS is 12mo btw). I think they're better than baby dry although maybe they just fit my DS better?

I did try Lidl's own brand after reading the reviews on here but found they weren't great for overnight, red bottom in the morning.

Am jealous of your bulk buying skills I'm in Holland and they're really expensive here. €10 for a pack of 29! That said no redness, no rashes, no leakage mean that they're worth it to me.

mousesma Fri 02-Sep-11 15:00:36

I've been using Sainsbury's explore brand for DD and they've always been great. No leaks and good enough to last 12 hours overnight plus they're much cheaper than pampers.

PippiLongBottom Fri 02-Sep-11 15:04:50

I just use the cheapest. I generally shop at Morrisons and buy their own brand. I've had three children and can't say I have ever given it a great deal of thought.

MetalSian Fri 02-Sep-11 15:08:42

DS has used activefit for ages and we have had no problems.
I didn't like the babydry and found they didn't fit aswell.

LittleWhiteWolf Fri 02-Sep-11 15:10:42

We use activefit during the day and babydry during the night. Works perfectly for us that way.

piprabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 15:17:17

I've recently given up on using branded nappies as they were slowly bankrupting us.

We've moved to Tesco value pull up pants for DS (3yo) - day and night. No leaks or issues at all, and at less than £1.50 for 18 pairs we can now afford to eat again grin.

trixie123 Fri 02-Sep-11 19:28:37

we found the active fit were too thin to cope with overnight. We swap around a bit depending on offers but generally go with pampers.

FoxyRevenger Fri 02-Sep-11 20:20:30

Lidl's own for us. They are really soft, not horribly bulky and only £5 for 50.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 02-Sep-11 20:23:37

I changed from Pampers to Huggieswhen they changed them. They were thin and not in a good way, leaked and smelled awful.

sparkle1977 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:10:30

I used Pampers Active Fit for DS2 and found them to be fantastic. No issues at all.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sat 03-Sep-11 11:30:36

I found the Active Fit ones smell terrible. Have still bought them when they are on offer though. Huggies seem to leak too often, usually get the normal Pampers. We used cloth until recently but DS is starting to potty train and CBA any more.

Heard lots of good things about Lidl nappies but we don't have a Lidl.

mousymouse Sat 03-Sep-11 11:34:47

just try out a few different ones, they all fit slightly differently.
house brands are often very good and much cheaper.

Vajazzler Sat 03-Sep-11 11:54:30

We use the Asda version of active fit. They are excellent and have never leaked. £10 for 2 of the big packs.

sarahtigh Sat 03-Sep-11 21:34:46

i buy what's on offer at present huggies as were £14 for 2 boxes of 76 (size4) which is less than 10p a nappy in asda cheaper than asda own brand little angels !!

my maths is pretty good but wish you did not have to have calulator to work out best deal

to be honest have never had a problem with any brand, i just don't like too much adverts on them I did not have DD to display free adverts for disney on her bum, like pampers basics in orange box as the picture is tiny so they look all white

Marrow Sat 03-Sep-11 21:38:43

Tesco nappies are great - far better than any of the brands I've tried. Pampers tends to leak. Huggies also leak and I find they very often have hard ridges and lumps in them which must make them very uncomfortable.

Daisy1986 Sun 04-Sep-11 20:42:40

I found when the changed Active fit they leaked and smelt. I also find the orange packet pampers cant think what they are smelt terrible.

I find Pampers baby dry to be the best, huggies superdry are ok but leak at night for us.

MrsHerculePoirot Sun 04-Sep-11 20:47:19

We use activefit during the day with no problems and baby dry at night time as they seem a bit bulkier but better for longer periods. No leaks in either and always buy in bulk when the deals are on...

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Mon 05-Sep-11 14:46:47

Another fan of babydry (although not tried active fit). I found:
Boots' own leak quickly and are bulky.
Huggies are ok, but v bulky.
Reusable ones are rubbish.

annababy Mon 05-Sep-11 17:30:06

Definitely another Asda fan,best nappies I've ever used,and I have twins so go through lots!
Never leak,even overnight and price is good.

Timeoutofmind Mon 05-Sep-11 18:59:34

Another vote for Asda own brand. I use comfort fit day and night and have no problems

katiem1986 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:17:02

i used tesco nappys from when my lo was very small, weeks old. now i use the asda ones as they two packs for ten pound. my son is 2half now, and wees like anything at night and it holds 99% of the time. occasionally wel have little wet patch on his bed but id say both tesco and asda are good as any expensive brand. maybe better. weve never used anything else. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now