Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on side

(5 Posts)
mariposa1 Thu 01-Sep-11 18:17:49

My 19wk old DS has started sleeping on his side - I put him down to sleep on his back but he immediately rolls onto his side. I was just wondering if this is something I should be worried about? I've tried gently rolling him onto his back but he just does the same thing again! Thanks.

PossetFeatures Thu 01-Sep-11 19:22:42

Oooh my DS (nearly 7 months) has recently started doing this, and I was surprised and a bit worried at first, but was told that when they start doing this and can move around then it's fine and not considered risky! Incidently since he's started doing this we've 5 nights out of 7 sleeping through the night which he NEVER did before- I wonder if now he can move around and get into a comfy position he sleeps better, a bit like adults I guess...

MagnumIcecreamAddict Thu 01-Sep-11 22:09:08

Don't worry. Funny isn't it Posset - mine only started sleeping through once he could get himself turned onto his side and tummy.

OP - maybe make sure he has plenty of tummytime during the day so he strengthens his neck/back muscles. If you are confident he can lift his head and turn it from side to side then I really wouldn't worry.

mariposa1 Thu 01-Sep-11 22:37:12

Thanks for the reassuring responses. I'll make sure to get lots of tummy time in over the next few weeks! ake sure to get lots of tummy time in over the next few weeks!

mariposa1 Thu 01-Sep-11 22:38:40

Sorry for repetition above - crazy phone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now