Talk

Advanced search

baby sleep during the day?

(6 Posts)
shez87 Wed 31-Aug-11 13:33:10

my lo is nearly 4 weeks old and she wont sleep during the day unless im holding her.my partner is back at work so im on my own with her and she just won't settle.any ideas?

mistressploppy Wed 31-Aug-11 13:35:44

Ah, poor you - but this is pretty normal. Will she sleep in a sling? You could try warming the moses basket with a hot water bottle (take it out before she goes in though!) as well. I'd try the sling first though.

Good luck smile

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 31-Aug-11 13:36:24

They do that, at that age. The best thing if you want to get on with things is to carry her in a sling. Or nap with her in your arms, is always nice.

Iggly Wed 31-Aug-11 13:56:52

Normal! I got a sling in the end which got DS used to napping in the day. Still couldn't put him down a huge amount until he got older.

shez87 Wed 31-Aug-11 14:04:21

ive got a sling but havent tried it yet so i will do thanx

milkyjo Wed 31-Aug-11 14:50:22

Please don't sit on the sofa and sleep with your baby in your arms. Lying down together on your bed with your body turned towards her with your top leg over the other is safer, less likely to roll onto her. Sling is a good suggestion. My DS didn't like it until 4 months old. I used to go out for a lot of walks in the pram or go on errands in the car, they always worked - still do at nearly 9 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now