Talk

Advanced search

Blue feet - shoes for non-walkers?

(12 Posts)
WhoahThere Wed 31-Aug-11 09:59:54

Can anyone advise on socks that stay on and/or shoes for 7mo dd? I've never bothered with putting anything on her feet but they do look a bit cold so I'm thinking I need to start! Can't be arsed with constantly losing socks though, are there any magic ones that stay on?

Flisspaps Wed 31-Aug-11 10:00:59

Tights are your friend smile

ellesabe Wed 31-Aug-11 16:40:37

Yes get some 'sock ons'... Little pieces of stretchy material which go on over the top of socks. We've never lost a single sock smile

Firawla Wed 31-Aug-11 19:21:02

sock ons work, also you can get the leather baby shoes that are elasticated at the back they stay on too unlike some baby shoes. i normally get from twinkle toes shoes a lot cheaper than some brands but quality is better than other cheap ones

Didster Wed 31-Aug-11 20:10:48

I found that thin cotton socks (rather than those thick sports type ones) stay on fine, as long as they fit properly in the first place. And my DS is very active. He has some cruiser shoes from Clarks (ridiculously expensive) for outside so feet will stay warm but tend to just stick with bare feet at home.

lurcherlover Wed 31-Aug-11 21:14:48

They're not the cheapest at £18 a pair, but Inch Blue shoes are gorgeous and stay on. Have a look here

Sleepglorioussleep Wed 31-Aug-11 21:17:14

Funky feet fashions are just gorgeous. I am just about to order some for dd2 and both my other dc had them. Stay on so well.

TheyCallMeKipper Wed 31-Aug-11 21:19:31

Gap socks stay on. Only ones I've found which reliably do, but I have boys. If I had girls I'd go for tights.

jmjam Wed 31-Aug-11 23:06:41

I put tights on both my boys. Why not??

mathanxiety Thu 01-Sep-11 01:53:52

I second the Inch Blue suggestion. They can be bitten and sucked and they last and last and last. I never liked tights because they seemed to scrunch up the toes.

TheyCallMeKipper Thu 01-Sep-11 06:58:36

Jmjam - if that is directed at me - I think that it's absolutely fine to put boys in tights, and keeps them nice and warm. I just never have. Ds1 was a tiny baby first winter and wore babygros with feet in, but ds2 will be 6ish months over this winter so maybe I will put him in tights if it is really chilly and I see some in the shops. I wouldn't rule it out because he's a boy, but tights do tend to go under skirts/ dresses which is why it probably isn't on my radar. However no reason why they couldn't wear tights per se, I agree. I just hadn't really thought about it doing it.

CardyMow Fri 02-Sep-11 00:38:17

You just put the tights under their trousers. They look like socks, but baby can't get them off. Have done that for DS1 and DS2, and will be doing it again with DS3 this winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now