Talk

Advanced search

What games do you play with your toddlers?

(7 Posts)
RalphGnu Tue 30-Aug-11 10:45:35

I suppose I'm not very imaginative and have run out of ideas. Feeling very guilty today as we're stuck in with heavy rain and I most of yesterday doing the housework and pootling about on the computer. Ds is 20 months and very good at entertaining himself but today he's very bored.

So far we've turned the living room into a big den with chairs and sheets and have read all his books etc.

What games do you play with your DCs?

MrsVidic Tue 30-Aug-11 12:25:04

cut pictures out of magazines and make pictures- you could do this in an eductaional way ie a picture of things beginning with A

dancing

mummy says- instead of simon says

my dd loves cleaning- dusting, washing up toys in the bath, hoovering

bubbles

dress up- hats, scarves, mummys jewlrey

baking / cooking

watering all indoor plants

make tunnels for cars to drive throu

teddybears tea party (which is actually me the cat and dd)

brushing the cat

dressing the cat up

ceebebies

Waytooslow Tue 30-Aug-11 12:25:51

Hi

My toddler, also 20 months, just loves helping me with stuff so I make the most of that! He helps hang washing on the line (indoors and outdoors) gives me the pegs, helps brush the decking, dusting, fetching things, putting things in the bin and so on!! He's rubbish at most of the harder jobs obviously but he loves helping and it means I can get on and do my jobs around the house.

vickibee Tue 30-Aug-11 12:29:36

bake cupcakes or a chocolate cake. My DS loves weighing all the ingredients. We have the old fashioned balanced scales with weights. He gets the concept that both sides balance and can do it himself. Makes a mess though

Iggly Tue 30-Aug-11 12:30:23

Housework. DS loves the vacuum cleaner, washing up and wiping things.

Reading books

Go out in the rain if you've got wet weather gear - DS loves it!

Painting/drawing (in the loosest sense)

Let DS play with his toys and join in if he wants me too.

Making cakes (again I use the term loosely) - DS "helps" me mix and pour

RalphGnu Tue 30-Aug-11 12:46:06

These are great suggestions! Keep them coming! DS has just been having a ride round on the vacuum cleaner. We're going to make fairy cakes in a bit and he's 'helped' me put the washing in the dryer. Oh, they are so adorable at this age...

vickibee Tue 30-Aug-11 12:57:15

Trouble is my Ds thinks he can do anything you can do, sees you do it once and he has a go whne you are not looking. Like clean the loo with the brush or claen your shoes with polish etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now