Talk

Advanced search

parenting

(6 Posts)
boobymama Mon 29-Aug-11 21:52:30

I wandered if anyone else is like me? I am a mum at home (living of my own money) loving being with my son, he is my miracle! I am bursting with love for him. But now he is three and i cannot afford to stay off work anymore - help! my partners been made redundant.We have no family to share responsibility, even if we wanted to.I am anxious enough about leaving my son for the first time, let alone going back to work. Any help I would be so grateful.Just to reiterate we have both worked for 20yrs in the same employment and have not claimed any help from this government as they have been totally offensive and aggressive to any request for help- even the maternity grant!

groak Mon 29-Aug-11 21:56:35

sorry, can you clarify your post? You are at mum at home living off your own money, when you say you have worked in the same employment 20 years is that still being emoployed or something you recently left?

what was the offensive and aggresive response you got and wahrt wa sthe help you requested and how did you make the request?

boobymama Wed 31-Aug-11 20:19:30

gosh, was in the same employment for 20 years.I left had my son, my partner was made redundant 2wks before he was born and had to stop signing on as they were so nasty and aggressive at job centre. he was taken to a meeting as he said he wasnt looking for a job the day my son was born!! to say he wasnt entitled to benefit as he hadnt been looking for full 2 weeks. totally demeaning.we sent maternity grant off 3 times and never got paid.

Octaviapink Wed 31-Aug-11 20:38:41

If your son is 3 years old then you should be entitled to a free nursery place for 15 hours per week until he starts school fulltime in two years - that would at least enable you to work part-time. Or even fulltime if your partner was willing to stay at home and do childcare.

boobymama Mon 05-Sep-11 20:03:15

Fulltime school is at four, now. just panicking!

cat64 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:14:00

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now