Talk

Advanced search

When do you worry about a rash?

(9 Posts)
banana87 Mon 29-Aug-11 10:40:29

DD (2.11) seems to have raised red bumps on her legs, back of her knees, bum, a few on her arms, and a clear back and tummy. She also has been complaining of a sore mouth so had a luck and she has 2 mouth ulcers on her lower lip. She's not eaten much since Thursday, is ok in herself- would much rather be cuddling me on the sofa than running around. No fever. She's rarely rarely ill so I'm not sure if this is a gp job or not? Any advice?

MmeLindor. Mon 29-Aug-11 10:42:41

Phone NHSdirect. Or GP to ask for an appointment.

Probably nothing serious, but you should get her checked out.

Do tell the GP that it may be an infectious disease so that they can whisk you through to the doc's room without sitting in the waiting room.

banana87 Mon 29-Aug-11 11:00:16

Do you think it could be a reaction to the HiB booster she had Wednesday? Will try NHS direct...

MmeLindor. Mon 29-Aug-11 11:10:11

Oh, just thought - it could be hand foot and mouth. With the mouth ulcers.

Go and see your doc to get some gel for the ulcers, it will be painful eating and drinking.

Not sure about the reaction, could be.

banana87 Mon 29-Aug-11 11:20:40

Is that dangerous to me being pregnant????

MmeLindor. Mon 29-Aug-11 11:23:07

No, it is pretty harmless. Lots of kids at our kindergarten had it. Just a bit uncomfortable for the kids as they cannot eat. Careful with salty food. Lots of ice cream.

Seriously, nip along to your GP and get them to take a quick look. That is what they are there for.

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 29-Aug-11 11:33:53

HFM can be harmful in pregnancy - sorry Mmelindt. But most pg women already have had exposure so aren't affected.

I think GP might be best, but try not to worry.

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 29-Aug-11 11:34:28

Lindor! Sorry. Are you the same person?

MmeLindor. Mon 29-Aug-11 11:36:17

Yes, I am Lindt grin

We were in Germany and the kindergarten staff and paediatrician were all very unconcerned about HFM, said that every child gets it and it is not dangerous. Never knew it could be dangerous, sorry.

Yes, off to the GP with you, Banana. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now