Talk

Advanced search

3 1/2 yr old constantly crying and whining,help!!!

(3 Posts)
Polpettona Sun 28-Aug-11 14:53:51

I need help with my little girl.She's 3 1/2 yrs old and has a little sister who's 18 months.
She's always been quite difficult,never fed properly and is a difficult eater always insisting on mummy or daddy feeding her.She is soooo stubborn and never listens to anything we ask her to do,she answers back the whole time and has huge temper tantrums.She cries at every little problem she overcomes and moans and whines constantly.We've tried a time out corner with a timer,igoring her,putting her in her room,raising our voices but nothing works.It's really getting us down,she never seems happy because she's alwsys crying or whining about something.She always has fun and exciting things to do, we go out every day to the park or for walks so we know she's not bored.Please help,advice would be so appreciated!!!!!

Octaviapink Mon 29-Aug-11 07:33:17

Sounds pretty standard for three years old. Why on earth are you still feeding her though?? It sounds as though you could work with her rather than against her a bit more.

NorksAreMessy Mon 29-Aug-11 07:47:29

If you look up 'attention seeking' that is pretty much the standard description, sorry to say. Having a small sibling just makes the problem worse.

Is it at all possible to give her more positive attention?( I suspect you are already doing this, but this is a time for complete and total overdoing it!)

She is being 'naughty' because it is guarantee to grab some of your time. If you can manage to spend what looks to you like far to much time with her, she will get more confident and calm down on the whingeing.

Also, does she sleep well, because some of the whining could be general tiredness?

Finally, does she go to nursery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now