Talk

Advanced search

Should I tell DD the real reason her father left?

(7 Posts)
passmyglassplease Sun 28-Aug-11 10:47:59

I really need advice as I am completely unsure,

During our marriage the ex had at least one affair and was carrying on with the other woman when he made the decision to leave me and 2 dcs in nov 2008.

I have always maintained a silence as to the real reason why he left as I saw no need to upset the dcs any further.

However things have been very difficult with my dd recently, culminating in her agreeing with her father that I am a useless mother and that she would be better of living with her dad!

Having spoken to many experienced people I made the decision that she should have the opportunity to go and live with him on a temporary basis so that she can decide for herself,

I know he has sold her a story of how mummy and daddy split up because they were not getting on, and not the real truth. My dd is going to live with a women who is/was instrumental in the breakdown of her family, my question is does she have a right to know the truth?

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 28-Aug-11 10:59:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slartybartfast Sun 28-Aug-11 11:04:33

gosh, he is still with her, hmm, i don't see why not. oth you could gloss over it, you don't want her to hate her dad do you

slartybartfast Sun 28-Aug-11 11:05:18

how does she get on with his OW?

ChippingIn Sun 28-Aug-11 11:08:56

How old is she?

When is she supposed to be going to live there?

There's no way I would let this happen when I knew it was down to her father manipulating her and not just a genuine desire to be with her dad.

passmyglassplease Sun 28-Aug-11 11:34:48

Thanks for the replies, dd is 12

OW is expecting a baby, she already had 2dds.

I think my dd likes the idea of being in a family again, not knowing that one of the reasons we are not a family is down to both the ow and the ex!

He has sold her a dream, of living in a big house (they would have to move) and going to a selective school, how can he promise her such things?

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 28-Aug-11 11:42:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now