Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for day out/what to do for DD 6th birthday - am 35 weeks pregnant, so not up for too much!

(11 Posts)
lovemysleep Sat 27-Aug-11 21:32:12

DD turns 6 next Wednesday, and she'll be having a small birthday party in 2 weeks time.
We wanted to go to Legoland on her actual birthday, but I am 35 weeks pg, suffering with mild SPD (and just bloody knackered!!!).
So, we need an alternative...we are based in the Midlands, and I obviously can't be on my feet too much. It doesn't have to be all day as we can head home for a birthday tea with family.
Don't want to do softplay, as we tend to do that when we can anyhow.
Pg brain is not helping me make any decisions, coupled with feeling guilty that I'm stopping us from going somewhere that I know she would have loved (even though there's plenty of time for Legoland soon!).

Thanks......

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 07:01:58

How about the cinema? Thats the plan for my DS4 and i will be about 34wks. Its his first trip so hes extra excited

lovemysleep Sun 28-Aug-11 14:27:04

Am thinking the cinema may be a good idea too. We are also trying to find a fantastic swimming pool - with chutes etc that isn't too far away. Bet your DS will love it!

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 14:32:41

I do hope he does as we havent done much this school hols.

Hope you find a water park near by. Am there any holiday sites that open to non residents near by?

BellsaRinging Sun 28-Aug-11 14:37:59

Dunno where you are in the Midlands, but I was in the same situation last year, and took ours to Hatton Country World. Yes, there was some walking around, but I had plenty of time out with a hot drink whilst the others looked at the animals, shows etc. Or bowling? Or ice skating? (not you obviously!).

PotteringAlong Sun 28-Aug-11 14:43:11

Water world in stoke at festival park is great. Alternatively splash landings at Alton towers is also very good for water parks.

PotteringAlong Sun 28-Aug-11 14:43:54

How about cadbury world?

BlueberryPancake Sun 28-Aug-11 21:14:01

Yea, visit a chocolate factory with her, great idea!!!!
I second the cinema idea, followed by pizza with a couple of mates. Or theatre. My friend took my DS to see The Railway Children for her daughter's birthday. DS and friend's DD absolutely loved it.

Sleepglorioussleep Sun 28-Aug-11 21:17:33

West midlands safari park, Bewdley? Nice long ride round animals and shows and things. Not too much trekking around and queuing like legoland.

Lynzilove Sun 28-Aug-11 21:21:25

As I child I remember an amazing water park in Hemel hempstead. Can't remember the name but it was awesome. Used to go every other year!

Lynzilove Sun 28-Aug-11 21:24:51

Aquasplash!! That's it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now