Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how can I get my 5yr old ds to hold his willy when he wees?

(7 Posts)
griffalo2 Sat 27-Aug-11 17:07:31

He kind of just pulls his pants down and lets it loose,ends up spraying everywhere like a hose pipe.ive managed to get him to clean seat with tissues after but he just forgets to hold it.even wiggles his bum when finished instead of shaking it.
He has no male influence around and im stuggling to show him what to do,i thought he would of learnt from other boys at school but he hasnt.
Any ideas?

WowOoo Sat 27-Aug-11 17:12:04

Mine does this too. He used to say it meant that he didn't have to wash his hands.

I just keep telling him. He'll sometimes hold it and other times not bother. Does tend to be on target though. So, not such a problem.
Don't think male influence has happened here. Dh does not do this!

exexpat Sat 27-Aug-11 17:15:19

Have you tried the thing of putting targets in the loo for him to aim at? I've heard people recommend bits of paper or cereal, but I think you can even buy special novelty floating paper targets from joke/gift shops. If he had some incentive to aim - like shooting down targets, and maybe some reward (you'd need to watch him do it though) for aiming, that might help.

AlwaysbeOpralFruitstome Sat 27-Aug-11 17:17:16

You could maybe get him some of these for the bog and tell him that it will be easier to hit them if he holds his willy?

activate Sat 27-Aug-11 17:17:48

put a ping pong ball in loo - get him to aim at it

it's not about holding it at that age

make him clean up own spray too

AlwaysbeOpralFruitstome Sat 27-Aug-11 17:21:55

X-posts with exexpat. blush

griffalo2 Sat 27-Aug-11 17:46:40

I got him some of those when toilet training and he kept picking them out and playing with them(gross),probably better now grown up a bit.thanks for ideas,his aim isnt that bad mid flow,just beginning and end.probably help if he went before he was fit to burst instead of dancing around bathroom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now