Talk

Advanced search

help, i have turned into a shouty mum

(7 Posts)
pud1 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:54:41

i have 2 dds aged 2 and 3.5. they are generally well behaved but i am finding myelf loosing my rag at the slightest thing. i feel like i am constantly shouting it them. i have tried to stop and do imagine that i am being filmed to try and haldle them differently ( tip i picked up on here) but i still loose my rag. my oldest only goes to nursery 2 days a week so it is not holiday blues. has anyone else managed to keep a lid

Pamplemoussse Sat 27-Aug-11 11:27:30

have a think about why you lose your rag so frequently and easily

eg is it because you have to repeat yourself, or the children don't do what you ask, or the mess etc

pud1 Sat 27-Aug-11 11:37:01

i think there are 2 reasons.
1. dd2 has started to whine alot. i have been told my friends that they all go through it but it feels like a turine going off in my head.
2. dd1 never does as i ask. she has just turned 2 and is rying to push the boundries.

talking2myself Sat 27-Aug-11 12:20:30

I have this problem too. I try to have a firm and raised voice vs shouting but sometimes it still comes out. I think the fact that you're aware of it and trying to stop it means you will eventually get it under control. It got easier for me too when my youngest was over 3. But children definitely know how to push your buttons and seem to love doing it!

SecretSquirrels Sat 27-Aug-11 17:02:28

You'll grow out of it.
Seriously, they are at a very difficult age and you are probably finding it all hard work.
I was just the same and I hated myself for it. They get easier as every year goes by and you will suddenly realise that you have stopped shouting.

Panzee Sat 27-Aug-11 17:06:06

Not quite the same but I'm a teacher and went through a phase of shouting at my class much more than usual. To try to stop it I put an elastic band on my wrist and pulled at it to try to remind me to lower my voice. I didn't ping it or anything to make it hurt, it was just a little reminder to myself. Maybe that would help?

addressbook Sun 28-Aug-11 15:06:40

Hi there. I am the same at the moment. I am putting it down to various factors. Their age (5.5 and 2), tiredness, mood etc. I have tried to get some earlier nights as I go to bed too late and I don't deal with the behaviour as well when I am tired. My mood is a bit up and down at the moment, don't know why.

I really shout sometimes blush. However it isn't all the time and I know generally I am not a shouty mum. I just need to try and get this phase under control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now