Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to take a 7 week old sort of camping in a chalet type thing?

(5 Posts)
stottiecake Fri 26-Aug-11 19:55:10

We are thinking of going to stay in a 'wigwam' (it's not it's more like a chalet) at humble bee farm near filey. It's basically a very big wooden tent shaped thing. It's got windows and stuff and a sleeping area. Do you think it's a silly idea? We have a 2.9 yr old too and haven't taken him away yet and think it might be fun...

Any thoughts?

TIA

VivaLeBeaver Fri 26-Aug-11 19:58:39

Well I took a nine week old camping in a proper tent and she was fine so yes I think a wooden hut would be ok. I know the ones you mean and they look nice. Are they heated or are you planning on going away in next week or two? Just take plentyof layers for nights as it gets chilly if the huts aren't heated.

Grumpla Fri 26-Aug-11 19:59:02

Yeah, go for it!

I took my 6 week old to a festival (in a caravan though!) and worked fine. Sterilising bottles etc and sleeping would be much easier on a nice normal campsite not full of drunks.

TheArmadillo Fri 26-Aug-11 20:01:24

we took dd at around 8 weeks to a chalet at a caravan park. Worked really well.

When are you going? Even now its beginning to get colder in the evening/night - you'll probably need somewhere that has some kind of heating. Ours had heaters that we kept on (though we went in october).

Other than that tiny babies are really portable. There are a few things you'll need - travel cot or somewhere for baby to sleep and sterilising equipment if you're bottle feeding.

stottiecake Fri 26-Aug-11 23:05:14

Brilliant! thanks!
The hut has a heater included in price so that should be ok.
Will need to buy a travel cot but that should be ok. Also thinking I should get some sort of sling. Breastfeeding so no probs there.
Planning to go the week after next just for 2 nights. Fingers crossed for a heatwave!!
Thanks for responses smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now