Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

They are driving me MAD with this toilet thing!

(6 Posts)
donteatyourteawithnoknickerson Thu 25-Aug-11 21:04:19

Maybe this should be in AIBU but here it is in parenting....

Two DDs (almost 6 and 7) never flush, wipe or wash their hands without prompting. It is driving me insane. We have 4 toilets and I can guarantee that the only one without anything unflushed in it will be our ensuite.

What can I do? I pretty much doubt that this is normal behaviour - please help me before I go insane.

BlueArmyGirl Sat 27-Aug-11 16:34:56

Fairly typical I have to say! My DD seems to be worse that DS, and it is something we have insisted on since they were toddlers - not that that seems to make any difference!

I can usually tell which one it was - toilet seat's a bit of a give away!

Maybe you could make a sign that says 'go back and flush the toilet the wash your hands' and when you notice something unflushed just hand them out - that way you don't have to say anything to anyone!!! You could either hand them out to both dds or you could assign them a toilet each so you can tell who the culprit is grin

colditz Sat 27-Aug-11 16:47:20

reward each child with 20p for snitching on the OTHER child not doing toilet things properly.

Catsmamma Sat 27-Aug-11 16:49:36

wait until they are about to watch their favourite programme/start computer time/other thing they really want to do and send them to wash their hands and flush every toilet in the house.

they will soon remember to do it at the time.

BlueArmyGirl Sat 27-Aug-11 19:08:25

I like that Cats

Octaviapink Sat 27-Aug-11 19:31:19

Dock pocket-money for every time you have to flush for them. Bet it takes less than £1 before they start remembering...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now