Talk

Advanced search

Oh god when will the endless pooing end?

(6 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 24-Aug-11 11:46:36

DS is just over 4wks. He pooes about every ten minutes. He pooes every time I change his nappy. It's costing a fortune in disposables and I don't have enough cloth to cope and I'm so bloody fed up of changing nappies. He's sore and pink, probably because his bottom is constantly dirty, but it's hard to do nappy off time when he pooes all the time.

When will the madness end? <cries>

(He's ebf - seem to remember DD started pooing once a week at this age <dreams>)

DomesticGoddess31 Wed 24-Aug-11 11:58:07

it ends, it does, and if your little man is anything like my DD it will tail off to just 1 or 2 a day so abruptly you'll then worry about that. She's 10 weeks and has been once a day or less for a few weeks now...can't remember when it changed. Have you tried metanium for the sore bum? The tiniest bit clears it up really quickly. Also make sure his bum is v dry after each change.

matana Wed 24-Aug-11 12:02:42

Ahem.... DS is almost 10 months and still poos 3 times a day. I have no idea even if that's normal - seems like a lot.

The pooing every 10 minutes does become longer though gradually, promise, when their stomachs get bigger and their digestive systems can hold more and don't have to empty so regularly. I remember being pooed and wee'ed on every time i changed my son at that age...

StrandedBear Wed 24-Aug-11 13:15:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

matana Wed 24-Aug-11 14:37:38

lol Stranded - i found seeds in his nappy today. I've also found peas before now. And i much preferred the smell of those newborn poos.

yawningbear Wed 24-Aug-11 19:24:19

DS is 6 months and he has just slowed down to 3-4 poos a day, prior to that it was pretty much constant throughout day & night. Thick layer of vaseline, works wonders, get a giant pot grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now