Talk

Advanced search

11WO baby suddenly resisting going to sleep

(5 Posts)
SarahPT Tue 23-Aug-11 15:29:10

Has anyone else experienced this?
11 week old DD was doing really well with sleeping last week (going 8pm to 7 am) most nights
Suddenly she not only doesn't want to go off to sleep at night but screams her head off before day time naps too
Touch wood .... Once she's asleep she's fine ... But with a 3 year old DS to think of the pre-sleep screaming isnt pleasant!
Any tips????

ipukepoodles Wed 24-Aug-11 23:14:06

My DS did this, turned out he was very colicy, infacol didn't work so someone suggested gripe water - he hated it to begin with but stopped the colic! He also stopped sleeping through when he had a growth spurt and was constipated! Are you BF? If your bottle feeding, and use aptamil perhaps try their constipated and colic milk? Just a few ideas! X

MaMattoo Wed 24-Aug-11 23:25:18

Yup IMO gripe water is far better than infacol. Worked like magic on my DS when he was about that age.

ipukepoodles Wed 24-Aug-11 23:37:49

I used the one in a glass bottle from tesco - only about £1, tried to gripe mixture from boots - it was awful! It manages to strip the paint from my coffee table...needless to say, I didn't fancy using it again! But definately recommend the tesco one!

SarahPT Thu 25-Aug-11 15:02:43

Thanks everyone
Brilliant tips!
Will give gripe water a try
Quick message as she's just waking up but wanted to say thanks for your time
Mumsnetters never let me down !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now