Talk

Advanced search

Toddler activities - 5pm too late? WWYD?

(6 Posts)
Testarossa2468 Mon 22-Aug-11 09:50:18

Hi looking for some advice please.

DD(3) really wants to go to dancing and I have just enrolled her for a Sat am class. I've been searching for a toddler drama class for her too and have only just come across a group that I'd love her to go too, but it's also on a Saturday. At a squeeze, we could make both, but I don't know if this would be too much, and if her enjoyment of both activities would end up being compromised...

There is a possible option of her being able to do the drama at 4.30 - 5.15 on a Wednesday, but I genuinely don't know if this if too late? She will shortly start nursery, 3 days per week 8am to 1pm. So quite a long day and an early start? What would u do? Really appreciate any any advice as I have to decide soon, thanks x

Sleepglorioussleep Mon 22-Aug-11 10:16:57

We managed after school time activities with dd at that age. But only with quiet afternoon. once she started school full time she was too tired

babyocho Mon 22-Aug-11 10:23:14

Depends on what time she usually starts winding down and goes to bed, and how long it will take you to get home afterwards.
Also, how hyper will she be after drama?

If Thursday is a non nursery day then just go for it.

ChippingIn Mon 22-Aug-11 10:26:21

I'd do it and see how it goes - have some quiet time between nursery and the class, if you can have a big afternoon tea/mini dinner before she goes so she can just have a bit of toast and a drink when she comes home - keep her bedtime routine (if she has one) the same and it should be fine. It's not every night and some kids that age are at nursery until 6pm.

pozzled Mon 22-Aug-11 10:29:57

I would think that time would be ok if she can have a quiet afternoon and a light tea- maybe take some sandwiches with you so she can have a bite to eat while you're waiting for the class to start?

What time is her bedtime? Can you get home and still get her into bed at normal time? Do you have to commit to a term's worth of sessions, or could you try it out for a few weeks?

Testarossa2468 Tue 23-Aug-11 11:20:05

Hi just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, really appreciated. Her bedtime is quite late just now, 9ish but I know I need to bring this forward to 8 at the latest. I'm encouraged that most of u don't think 5 is too late, so I've decided to go for it, but not immediately...I'll let her get used to nursery and dancing, then we'll join drama after Christmas. Problem solved! Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now