Talk

Advanced search

Bedside Cots?

(9 Posts)
LyraBelaqua Sat 20-Aug-11 20:28:53

Anyone used one of these rather than a normal cot/cotbed? They really appeal to me as last time I had a newborn I fell asleep feeding her only to wake up with her slipping from my arms inbetween my husband and me. Scary near miss, don't want that to happen again sad

TimeWasting Sat 20-Aug-11 20:32:29

I'm having one this time.

Plan is to use old normal cot and take side off and adjust the height.

If that doesn't work I'll buy an actual bedside cot, whatever the cost, no way I will do without this time.

pookamoo Sat 20-Aug-11 20:33:40

We used DD's normal cot with one side taken off and a rolled up towel between the mattresses. Worked perfectly even though the mattress of the cot was not exactly the same height as our bed.

pookamoo Sat 20-Aug-11 20:35:53

Cross post timewasting!

This time around, DD is still in her cot even though she is 2.10 (side lowered so almost like a cot bed) so DH and I have got ourselves a super kingsize bed and DC2 will have plenty of space! (Moses basket always available, but if it is anything like its big sister it will be having none of that! grin )

pookamoo Sat 20-Aug-11 20:36:50

that should be "super-king size bed" It's 6 feet wide, hurrah!

TimeWasting Sat 20-Aug-11 21:33:33

Wow! Never heard of super king size! grin

strictlovingmum Sat 20-Aug-11 21:47:22

We have emperor bed or as also called super king size, 2m x2m, our DS's are big now, but we so got accustomed to this bed, we would never be without, it was a blessing when dd was a baby all three of us slept soundly all snuggled together, once sleeping in emperor bed you will never go back to double bed.

TimeWasting Sat 20-Aug-11 21:49:32

I'd love one. I can't do proper bed-sharing though, due to being massive. sad

strictlovingmum Sat 20-Aug-11 21:51:33

DC'sgrin just make sure your bedroom can accommodate the bed, it's big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now