Talk

Advanced search

It's back! The "How to talk so kids will listen" crib sheet! Fab, this is for you.

(12 Posts)
Bumperlicious Fri 19-Aug-11 20:33:51

This should be it, it's not password protected though I think you need a Google logon, you can just use whatever email address though. A condensed version of the book plus a fridge sized version. FWIW I'm not trying to circumvent sales of the book, I think it is a really good book and the crib sheet is best read in conjunction with the book. But the truth is who has the time to read a parenting manual when you are in a situation in which you require one?

Hope it's useful anyway.

NoseyNooNoo Fri 19-Aug-11 20:38:49

That is fantastic. Have only got half way through the book.

nethunsreject Fri 19-Aug-11 20:43:00

Fantastic.

I reallly like the principles behind HTH, but find it hard to adapt it to my 5 yr old and 1 yr old.

ANy tips? Or is that another thread?!

Tigerinmysoup Fri 19-Aug-11 20:50:16

Brilliant, thanks!

I borrowed the book from the library weeks ago and so far it is still lying in a drawer untouched......

Canistaysane Fri 19-Aug-11 21:32:58

Is there a book to help with getting dh to listen? I frequently have this problem.

Bumperlicious Fri 19-Aug-11 22:13:19

'ANy tips? Or is that another thread?!'

Erm, wine?! I'm not sure I'm in a position to give any tips given that I have spent the day getting progressively cross with my four year old's constant whinging!

Canistaysane Fri 19-Aug-11 22:29:54

I think you gave me an idea, maybe I could start a thread about dh not listening (if noone has done one already)grin

Bumperlicious Sat 20-Aug-11 13:34:46

Bump

nethunsreject Sat 20-Aug-11 16:56:27

grin at wine. yy, a frequent solution that one.

And grin at httsdhwl!

FigsAndWine Sat 20-Aug-11 18:08:21

Thank you. I read the book ages ago, and felt that it did help. I slipped back into my natural authoritarian style of 'because I said so!' parenting quite quickly though. I recently found a piece of paper on which I'd summarised some of the chapters; very similar to this sheet. It's good to have it all there so I'll print it off and refer to it. smile

Ixia Sat 20-Aug-11 20:38:31

Thank you wine

OhDunnoWhatToDo Sat 20-Aug-11 20:59:54

Brilliant - thank you. I was just thinking today that I need to re-read the book becuase I've been shouting at DS lately. The crib sheet is going up in the kitchen tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now