Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am about to read Playful Parenting. Wish me luck.

(10 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Fri 19-Aug-11 12:52:43

Has anyone else read it and found it helpful? I would appreciate any tips.

Octaviapink Fri 19-Aug-11 19:56:25

I think in an ideal scenario you would begin at page one, read each page (turning to the next page as you finish them) and continue in this fashion until you reach the end.
wink

DillyTante Fri 19-Aug-11 20:07:55

Hmmm this has been sat on my book shelf for a while. The problem with parenting manuals is who the fuck has time to read them? Did you ever get a copy of the "how to talk so kids will listen..." crib sheet I made a year or so ago? May be useful in the interim.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 19-Aug-11 20:10:32

I have only had chance to read a few pages so far. No, I didn't DT. I hope that we can all get some decent sleep and start afresh tomorrow.

Bonners Fri 19-Aug-11 20:12:45

DillyTante, I would love that crib sheet! I have playful parenting on my kindle... where it's been for 3 months. By the time I have a moment to read anything all I want is something easy on the brain and a parenting manual ain't it!

EsmeWeatherwax Fri 19-Aug-11 20:18:38

Bonners, I have playful parenting on my Kindle too, and for exactly the same reasons I have never even looked at it. But the Mumsnet Rules is excellent for a lighthearted parenting read, it's like taking a parenting nice warm relaxing bath.

P.s. I am not on commission. But I could be persuaded!

Bumperlicious Fri 19-Aug-11 20:35:40

Here you go

TheOriginalFAB Sat 20-Aug-11 08:29:54

I never saw the thread, so thank you very much. I will get dh to rpint it off later for me.

kendalmintcake Sat 20-Aug-11 09:37:40

Hi, I've read it, enjoyed it and passed it on to 2 friends.

I found it very easy to read and liked the way 'whines and squabbles' were diffused by humour.

poppyboo Sat 20-Aug-11 15:26:32

I got half way through the book and sort of gave up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now