Talk

Advanced search

SIblings sharing a room

(6 Posts)
earshot Tue 16-Aug-11 14:05:32

Ok I'm feeling brave - I'm putting DD (8mo) in with DS (2.3) tonight. I've been a real wimp about it as I'm convinced they will spend all day and night waking each other up (both are pretty bad and light sleepers).

Any tips on making the transition easier? Everyone promises it's not as bad as I think it will be...

colditz Tue 16-Aug-11 14:06:20

Put the toddler to bed first and ensure he's asleep before you put the baby up

earshot Tue 16-Aug-11 14:27:22

Oh that's a good idea to avoid 'wake baby up mummy' screams and missiles lobbed in DD's direction.

Does mean I might have to cut his nap down to make sure he nods off early as DD usually goes down at 7 and DS at 7.30 <<sobs inwardly at loss of blissfully long afternoon nap>>

What do you do for day time naps? DS usually sleeps 1.30 till 3.30-4ish while DD is on 3 naps a day but at no particular time, just a couple of hours after she last woke.

p99gmb Tue 16-Aug-11 14:54:16

gosh that sounds like a really long nap - 2 and a half hours!! shock - or is it that our 2.4yo doesn't need as much..?

I would certainly begin to knock that down - that way he'll be that bit more ready for his bed and more likely to sleep... we limit it to no sleeps after 3pm and absolute max 1.30hrs.

colditz Tue 16-Aug-11 14:56:48

Wake him up at three and put him to bed at 6.45.

OR why don't you put them to bed in their normal places then move the baby once they're both asleep?

earshot Tue 16-Aug-11 15:25:50

Thanks both

P99 - I know re nap and it's been a real blessing while DD's been small but I've been thinking I probably should cut it down sad

Colditz I woke him at 3 today, I'll give it a go! We don't have any spare cots (travel cot at my mums) or else that does sound like a good plan re moving when asleep. Could borrow one and see..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now