Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tantrums before nursery

(5 Posts)
BrawToken Tue 16-Aug-11 08:44:59

I know, having been through this 10 yrs ago with DD1 (but I was younger then grin), that this happens but my almost 3 yo is really going for it in the mornings. Taking clothes off, screaming, refusing breakfast etc. Also, car has broken down so we have to get the bus, so she screams all the way to the bus stop, whimpers on the bus then sees her wee friends/nursery teacher (who she loves), runs in and starts playing. AAAAAAArgh. I have to get to work in the morning, and this is stressing me out A LOT. I have not been able to drink any tea yet today shock

Do you think this is because most of her peers are now 3 and have moved to preschool room and she is the biggest in the class until she moves after her third birthday?

BrawToken Tue 16-Aug-11 08:47:00

Oh, and please give me coping tips such as, how to get her to keep her clothes on, eat her breakfast and how to calm her down - she hits me and throws things sometimes which I ignore...

Shoutymomma Tue 16-Aug-11 08:51:55

Re breakfast:
Let her play leader know that she is giving you grief over breakfast. Arrange that they can offer her something you have pre-prepped when she gets there (even bread and butter is fine). Then they can say to her "Mummy has gone to work now, but she has left this for your breakfast. Eat this up and you can go play."

At least this will get you through til you know whether it is a 'going up to the big room' thing.

BrawToken Tue 16-Aug-11 08:56:55

Good idea. I read that initially as 'let her play leader' and had visions of her sitting me up at the table spooning weetabix into me grin

She has been at the nursery since 8 months (3 days) and loves it. I know it's a developmental stage, but it is making my days a lot longer. Feel like I have done a days work before work.

Shoutymomma Tue 16-Aug-11 09:12:01

HA! Hyphen-deficit-disorder!!
Also (hard line approach) if you ever get a day off when she would otherwise be in nursery, act as if it was a normal day, then when it all kicks off, say "Fine, we won't go to nursery then".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now