Talk

Advanced search

Nappies for 22mo boy/camel!!

(13 Posts)
dirtgirlworld Mon 15-Aug-11 19:14:46

right just wondering what nappies you all use if you have a ds or child that wee's more than anything I've ever known! We've always had this problem, I think I posted when he was nearly newborn! Honestly we can't go anywhere because he wee's sooooo much! For example I'll change him before we leave the house, give it 20mins and he'll be soaked! He does drink loads but I won't let him have anything when were on our way somewhere. I'm thinking bout potty training but feel it will be horrendous coz of the amount he wee's! Also he doesn't talk much, the odd word etc do you think it's best to wait until he talks properly to potty train? Tia!

2BoysTooLoud Mon 15-Aug-11 19:19:09

I'm sure others will disagree but although they are plasticy Tescos value nappies size 5 seem to hold a hell of a lot of wee and only £1.91. I bought them because cheap and found this out by accident. Also, although plasticy are not sweat inducing. My ds is 2.

Lola10 Tue 16-Aug-11 15:21:45

Do not worry about the potty training, I put mine 19 months old every morning after waking up , during the day if I am at home, and in the evening just before the bath. He wee a lot in the morning, and after the nap during the day, if I do not put him on the potty, he wees soooooooooo much that nappy doesn't hold and leaks right away.

He doesn't talk and do not understand probably why he is sitting there and then, but when he makes pee (no luck with poo yet) he is very proud of himself and points at the potty, and then I allow him to flush the toilet and he is even more proud of his achievement.

Good luck

dirtgirlworld Tue 16-Aug-11 17:46:52

Thanks for your replies! I'm gonna wait on the potty training a bit I think, will give those nappies a go! Feel a bit mean buying tesco value! Took him to the library today, by the time we got there(15 mIn walk) he was soaked!! It's starting to really stress me out! His weeing more than any child I've ever known!! X

2BoysTooLoud Tue 16-Aug-11 18:40:42

Don't be surprised if your ds wonders why he is 'rustling' slightly in his value nappies. My toddler looked confused for a moment but didn't mind and no probs.
Hope they work for you. If not.. sorry in advance!
[Is he holding onto wee for couple of hours or so?].

2BoysTooLoud Tue 16-Aug-11 18:42:10

Sorry- just read your op again and 20 mins between wees.
Good luck!

BikeRunSki Tue 16-Aug-11 18:47:30

Bambo and Moltex nappies both very absorbent. Pricey, but worthwhile IME. Both available from Naturebotts.

dirtgirlworld Tue 16-Aug-11 20:56:39

Hmm they are a bit pricey but I'm willing to try if they really work! Thank you all! I will report back if they work! I'm also gonna try the value ones- if only to see his face when he hears them rustle!!! :D. X

Cattleprod Tue 16-Aug-11 21:00:34

Sainsburys do a size 6 nappy which we use at night as it holds so much wee. I've also found putting a value sanitary towel into the gusset of a nappy boosts its absorbency.

Iggly Tue 16-Aug-11 21:26:31

DS wees loads (drinks loads too). If he drinks less his poos are hard to pass (sorry!) so I let him. Just have to change nappies loads. I'm thinking of switching to reusables and/or potty training (he's 22 months)

mum2JRC Tue 16-Aug-11 21:45:45

Could you also go up a size in the nappy? When my boys have previously leaked I would use a bigger size and that often helped

AngelDog Tue 16-Aug-11 23:02:09

You could add a disposable insert from a Mothercare smart nappy. They look like giant sanitary towels. grin

Cloth would probably be better as you can boost according to need. My DS wees quite a lot - disposables are okay in the day, but only cloth with an extra booster is enough at night.

You could have a go at starting with gradual pottying, even if you're not sure he's ready for the full thing yet. You can read more here.

Boblina Wed 17-Aug-11 13:11:09

I am very interested in this as my DS2 is just 22 months and as you he wees and wees. He have so many changes of clothes that it is unbelievable. DS1 has started saying - Oh, not again! :-) I have tried size six and I seem to have the same problem. Let me know how you go with the tesco value nappies. May give it a go too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now