Talk

Advanced search

my 18m.o boy

(5 Posts)
booboo2010 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:40:39

i have been trying to read to him before he goes to bed i have tried laying him down with a bottle in his cot reading sitting him up in his cot and sitting him on my lap but i end up with bottle being launched at me or a lot of hair pulling and advise also he hates water in his face so washing his hair is a nightmare and i do it everynight and ideas of how to have a nice calm baby haha smile

gapants Mon 15-Aug-11 14:43:49

We read stories in our big bed together. I used to give DS his own book to hold while i read another one.

Reading aloud and sharing books is so important so don't be put off with his antics.

Also- does he need to have his hair washed every night? I do once a week max!

booboo2010 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:48:03

o ok thats a really good idea and yes everynight u see he is a very messy eater and ends up wearing his bowl of his head smile

shivster1980 Mon 15-Aug-11 17:58:59

We have also always read books in our bed. Still do and DS is 5 yo and has been in a single bed since he was two. It has become a lovely comfortable routine smile

You could try one of those jugs with the flat suction bit on them which you rest against the head for rinsing. We had some success just pouring water on with one hand and quickly pushing the water backwards with a hand at the same time though.

gapants Mon 15-Aug-11 19:04:28

The hair washing...there are contraptions, but maybe just get him used to splashing about in the bath. Maybe take a bath together a few times and you wash your hair, splash your face, take in lots of different sized plastic bowls/cups to fill and pour out.

I did read that a bedtime routine should take about 30minutes, so maybe he is getting over tired mid routine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now