Talk

Advanced search

Flotation vest for nearly two DD for summer hol?

(3 Posts)
twinsister Mon 15-Aug-11 11:23:13

We are going on holiday to a (hopefully) hot Italy house with a shared pool. My nearly two DD hasn't done very much swimming at all and only in an indoor heated pool. She is always held by her Dad and wears just swimsuit and swim nappy.

I'm trying to decide what/whether to get something else for the holiday that she then might use for swimming lessons etc. What on earth do I buy? Wetsuit vest thing? Arm bands? All in one vest suit with flotation thingees? And do I get a reusable swim nappy or stick with disposables? Any advice very welcome. She has a baby sister so anything we do buy will hopefully be able to be used again as DD2 gets bigger.

seaside72 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:31:46

This is brilliant - have used for my DS since he was around 18mths, as recommended by his swimming teacher
swimfin
We also used happy nappies from when he was a just a few months and started swimming classes - they are neoprene and really good. When he was very young we also used a huggies/disposable swim nappy underneath for double protection.
Have a great holiday!

pinkthechaffinch Mon 15-Aug-11 13:51:26

We've got a swim fin for my dd too, they are good, we have just taught dd to lie on her back in the pool, bouyed up by the fin on her back.

We got her the 'pink angelfish' fin-her choice, I hasten to add.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now