Talk

Advanced search

a poo question - sorry!

(4 Posts)
clarabella18 Sun 14-Aug-11 23:39:04

LO is 13 weeks old and is FF. 5 bottles a day, 4x5oz and a 7oz at bedtime. He is occasionaly sicky but not everyday and not everyfeed.

He averages 1 or 2 poos a day and they are very loose korma style, very yellow and runny (sorry if TMI). SHould they still be like this at 13 weeks or should they be a little more solid? my SIL is a nursery nurse and was surpised that his nappies were still that loose.

should i be worried or am i being paranoid? he is putting on weight (14lb at last weigh in) and is a generally happy content little boy.

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Sun 14-Aug-11 23:42:18

I would mention it to your health visitor of GP, it's probably fine and normal, but if you're worried, nowt wrong with putting your mind at ease smile

maighdlin Sun 14-Aug-11 23:44:42

i would of thought that they would be loose for as long as they are exclusively on milk? i can't see a reason as to why that would change. i remember DD doing exploding cut the vest off poos as you described when she was 6 months. i would worry but if you can't put your mind at ease then ask you hv or GP.

TheArmadillo Sun 14-Aug-11 23:51:00

they probably won't change until you start him on solids.

Not unusual for a not yet weaned baby.

As someone mentioned they can still do explosive up the back poos at this age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now