Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Can't cope with the noise!

(6 Posts)
neepsntatties Sun 14-Aug-11 21:21:07

DS who is three has become very noisy. Nothing can happen quietly. He talks/plays at full volume at all times and it is driving me nuts! I keep getting headaches and it makes me feel like he is constantly at me if that makes sense. I know children are meant to make noise but I am struggling with the constant racket. He is lovely, I just don't feel like I have the energy to keep up with him, especially since his little sister came along.

notnowbernard Sun 14-Aug-11 21:23:29

I think you just get used to it in the end

I have accepted that one of mine is a noisy child... as confirmed by Grandparents, school, childminder, friends.... blush

PippiLongBottom Sun 14-Aug-11 21:33:06

I can just zone out. I don't know how I have acquired this skill but with 3 dc it is fairly essential.

neepsntatties Sun 14-Aug-11 21:41:57

Oh god, when do they learn to talk at a normal volume? He sounds like he is shouting all the time. Also when do they learn patience? Ds does not understand the concept of 'just a minute'.

notnowbernard Sun 14-Aug-11 21:53:39

My noisy one shouted (even when holding normal conversation) from about 2-4yrs. She doesn't shout all the time anymore (5yrs) but is naturally a noisy person

It was so bad at one point that I contacted HV to do a hearing test. Hearing was absolutely normal blush

neepsntatties Sun 14-Aug-11 21:56:39

Oh the little monkey can hear except when it suits him not to. He just seems to operate on 100% all the time. Even if I stick a DVD on I get a running commentary on it in a megaphone voice. I just feel like I can't think straight anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now