Talk

Advanced search

How old were your DCs when you stopped bathing them together?

(5 Posts)
donteatyourteawithnoknickerson Sun 14-Aug-11 19:31:16

I normally hate "how old" questions, but here is mine blush

I have 2 DDs, 7 and nearly 6 and I still bath them together. DD1 has started to say she doesn't want a bath with DD2 anymore but it's just so much easier! DD1 has recently started to be much more independant, which is nice, but I suppose some part of me wants to keep her young a bit longer.

Am I wrong to still bathe them together?

elah11 Sun 14-Aug-11 19:47:22

I think there is no set age as such, its however long they are comfortable with it. My 9 yr old ds2 and 5 yr old dd sometimes bathe together and when my 9 yr old niece stays, she also bathes with dd, their choice entirely. If any of them said they didnt want to then I would go along with that.

2kidsintow Sun 14-Aug-11 21:51:41

My two DDs are 6 and 10. I think it was a couple of years ago that I stopped bathing them together, because it wasn't easier to keep them together. DD1 was 7 and there wasn't really room for them to comfortably have a bath (they both like to lay flat to get their hair wet).

As a compromise, because DD2 still liked to spend time in the bath with her sister, DD1 would have her bath, then DD2 would join her, then DD1 would get out to get dry while DD1 stayed in to have a play. It worked well for us.

Now they have completely different baths and the bit where they were both in the bath doesn't happen any more.

I take them swimming regularly and they spend time in the water together like that now.

They don't row over space. I am calmer because I don't end up shouting when they get carried away splashing in the bath and my floor and wallpaper remain drier.

MadamDeathstare Sun 14-Aug-11 21:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 14-Aug-11 22:02:15

my boys are 5 and nearly 9 and still bath together, although sometimes ds1 just goes for a shower. could your dd1 not start bathing herself? or 2kidsintow's idea sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now