Talk

Advanced search

Why did this seem wrong?

(8 Posts)
create Fri 12-Aug-11 19:38:48

I walked through the park at lunchtime. There were a group of 5 men (late 20s early 30s) with a handful of kids between them aged c. 18m-9years. They were kicking a football around and the men all had a can of Fosters in hand, with a crate alongside for refils. They were maybe a bit loud, but weren't being any bother to anyone, but it still made me judge .

Really though, they were outdoors playing with their DCs (good), why was it different to if they'd been having lunch in a beer garden, or having a BBQ at home

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 19:40:22

Not sure why you felt the need to judge tbh.

5 men, one crate - not like they had a crate each or were laying around on the ground shouting and balling at the kids...

create Fri 12-Aug-11 19:45:07

No, it wasn't the quantity of beer, it was drinking in the park with children which me made me (and my colleague) comment

tethersend Fri 12-Aug-11 19:46:16

Are you upset because they didn't offer you one?

matana Fri 12-Aug-11 19:54:10

Nice day in the park, quality (and active) time with the kids and a cold can of beer = my kind of day.

Don't see the problem.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 19:58:08

I don't know why it's suddenly become such an issue. I'm in my 40's - I gre up seeing my parents and extended family having a drink - whether it was a beer on a sunny afternoon or quite a few more at family parties.

I was allowed to try things (a sip) and as I got to mid teens I was allowed a wine cooler (def showing my age) etc and have grown up with a very balanced approach to alcohol.

I don't see why it's suddenly considered 'bad' to let children see adults drinking alcohol?!

TheFrozenMBJ Fri 12-Aug-11 20:10:48

I think had it been mums having a glass of wine in the park in the middle of the day while playing with their children you would also judge.

bejeezus Sat 13-Aug-11 01:01:55

Fosters= OK
Special Brew = judge away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now