Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask how much milk your toddler consumes a day?

(11 Posts)
sdotg Fri 12-Aug-11 15:42:48

just for rough comparison, I'm not overly concerned.
DS is 19 months, a v good eater but still consumes 4 beakers of full fat milk a day.
That's about 28oz or 800ml! Wow
Will also drink plenty of water/juice, say 2-3 tommy tippee cups.
He's not fat but a sturdy and tall for his age and very active so figure he needs it but at this rate I am thinking of buying a cow!
Thanks

StrandedBear Fri 12-Aug-11 16:48:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 12-Aug-11 16:50:12

DD will have around 14 oz on a normal day but occasionally have a big cup in the afternoon. She also has water.

dirtgirlworld Fri 12-Aug-11 17:12:35

DS has 9oz before bed, drinks lots of water throughout day and eats next to nothing. everyone always comments on how big he is! obviously your LO needs it! smile

prolificwillybreeder Sat 13-Aug-11 18:56:37

DS1 14 months, has 1 full Tommee Tippee cup full a day.
7-8 OZ formula at night.

electra Sat 13-Aug-11 19:01:10

My dd is 2.4 - she still drinks 2 beakers of full fat milk a day as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner.

electra Sat 13-Aug-11 19:02:26

she has juice as well

BikeRunSki Sat 13-Aug-11 19:03:17

My DS is three next month. He would happily live on nothing but full fat cow's milk. He has about three quarters of a pint a day. Luckily we get doorstep milk!

InmaculadaConcepcion Sat 13-Aug-11 20:56:12

DD is 18 months.

She doesn't like drinking milk, just has a little on her breakfast cereal and has a modest BF before bed, sometimes overnight if she wakes and first thing in the morning (to keep her quiet for a while so DH and I don't have to get up). She doesn't take much, though.

Otherwise, she just drinks water.

She's dinky, but well in proportion for her height and not skinny. She also has plenty of other dairy products, especially yoghurt and cheese.

Shows what a range there is, eh?!

sdotg Sat 13-Aug-11 23:30:17

Fab, thanks guys
Glad to hear there are other milk monsters out there guzzling as much as mine.

Zimm Sun 14-Aug-11 14:56:25

12 months - anywehere between 2-5BFs a day - so a fair amount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now