Talk

Advanced search

sore willy

(9 Posts)
dirtgirlworld Fri 12-Aug-11 14:23:09

well its all in the title! 21mo started screaming the other day saying bum bum bum bum but pointing to his willy.nothing to be seen. seemed to be everytime he did a wee he was beside himself.took him to the doc's yesterday and he said tip of willy was bit swollen and to moisturise it twice a day, pulling the foreskin back when doing so (i was always under the impression not to pull it back even when cleaning so now i feel bad!!)
Can anyone recommend a moisturiser to use? he is so upset today bout the whole thing. weve had to come home from tesco coz he was in so much pain.
His wee has been checked and thats fine although a trace of blood but nothing to worry bout apparently. also checked his blood sugar as dad is type 1 diabetic and that was 4.9.
He's drinking a massive amount and so weeing a big amount. He's currently dancing round the living room crying his eyes out pulling at his willy sad

NoTeaForMe Fri 12-Aug-11 14:29:34

I would ask your Dr what moisturiser to use if I were you. It's a very sensitive area, more so now obviously and you don't want to make matters worse!

dirtgirlworld Fri 12-Aug-11 14:44:32

yeah i shouldve asked when i was there, it only dawned on me when i came home and thought ive only got baby lotion and johnsons naturals!i imagine they'l sting like mad so didnt risk it.he's fallen asleep on floor now. Cant get appt for anoon so will have to be monday now!poor baby sad

Continuum Fri 12-Aug-11 15:30:45

Use sudocrem, always worked wonders for ds's now and then sore willy.

Octaviapink Fri 12-Aug-11 19:08:36

Yes, use Sudocrem until you can speak to the doc. Bicarb in his bath my help too.

bamboobutton Fri 12-Aug-11 19:16:21

this sounds just like balanitis to me. it's exactly what my ds does when he has a flare up.

i would buy some canestan cream and use that 3 times a day.

millymollypeeps Fri 12-Aug-11 19:44:08

same as my son, and another one for canestan here! works wonders.

Mouseketool Mon 15-Aug-11 10:12:11

Put some salt in the bath, it helps clear up Balanatis. Have a couple of baths a day.

dirtgirlworld Mon 15-Aug-11 19:05:47

Thanks for your replies! Whod of known boys are so complicated!! He seems better today, we used e45 as advised by the nurse seems to be working smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now