Talk

Advanced search

When Did You Stop Bathing Two kids (Opposite Sex) Together?

(10 Posts)
Madandbad Thu 11-Aug-11 23:47:59

Just wondering when would be a good time to stop bathing my boy and girl together, under five.

Or when would it be appropriate for a boy and girl to stop seeing each other naked....

I have one child who is very aware of the others bits or lack thereof and it crossed my mind that maybe now would be appropriate to separate them a little...but their so young I wander if I am over thinking things...

Your thoughts please!

BertieBotts Thu 11-Aug-11 23:53:14

I think my sister and I were too big to bath together well before puberty - I'd be led by their cues. If one of them seems to be awkward then I'd stop though. Other than that, being aware of bits at a young age is just natural curiosity and as long as you teach them that they are private and they shouldn't be touching anyone else's, I wouldn't worry.

EverythingsNotRosie Fri 12-Aug-11 08:31:03

I think you will know from them when they want it to stop- their natural modesty will kick in. My older sister stopped bathing with us others quite early on. My younger sister and I shared riotous bath times for years (until we really couldn't fit in the bath! But definitely pre-puberty). I don't think you should worry about the opposite sex thing- they will be over it before puberty.

LawrieMarlow Fri 12-Aug-11 08:39:15

My DS is 7 and DD 5 and they sometimes have a bath together. More often on their own as they like to spread out a bit.

bbbbob Fri 12-Aug-11 08:42:20

I agree, wait for them to let you know. DS decided at 7/8 that he no longer wanted to share a bath with (younger) DD.

Ds is 7 and still baths with dd who is three.

I will stop when he wants too, atm they both love their end of the day Lush bath. My Mum has said he is too old and it is inappropriate, but as long as they are fine with it I don't see what the problem is, they are very close and share a bed most nights (she doesn't approve of that either hmm).

JaneBennet Fri 12-Aug-11 08:53:01

DS started asking for a bath alone a few months before he turned 8, he also likes a shower every so often (rather than the bath). They both like to 'swim' and stretch out. Also hair washing was becoming a bit of nightmare. DD(4) likes lots of bubbles too.

I just followed their lead. They still share a bedroom though and will continue to do so until we move.

MMQC Fri 12-Aug-11 08:56:21

Mine are 7 and 5 and I've just started bathing them separately in the last few weeks. Partly because I'm trying to get my son into the habit of showering and partly because it's simply more peaceful.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Fri 12-Aug-11 09:02:27

DS1 and DD are 5 and 7 and still sometimes bath together although dd has started asking to go in alone and not for modesty reasons she will still happily strip of and put on her Jammies in front of everyone it's just because she wants to bath like mum and lie back with a magazine hmm

I am just led by them I mean they have been at Grannie's for 3 sleeps and DS1 hasn't had a bath in that time as apparently mummy is the only one allowed to see his peepee BIG hmm as he is happy to show it off any other time he is just a bit of a soap dodger and knows Grannie won't push him.

pinkthechaffinch Fri 12-Aug-11 09:03:55

Ds was 8 and a half and dd was 18 months and way too curious about ds' private parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now